Monday, March 14, 2011

Wild West

Saturday night my best friend Stacy and I went to Wild West in Houston and it was quite the experience...





We were both suppose to meet each other there at 9:00pm, Stacy was running 20 mins late (or so she said ) I arrive at 9:20 and call Stacy to see where she is. She's 15 minutes away. I love Stacy to death but her perception of time is a teensy bit off. :)

So I wait another 15 minutes and then call Stacy back....straight to voicemail.  I get a text a few minutes later, she got pulled over! Another 20 minutes pass and she calls me and she's two minutes away. FINALLY!  This whole time I'm chilling in my car with a "drug dealer" roaming the parking lot and me trying to avoid eye contact when he passes by my car!


(Side note, I know it's called Wild West but I swear every damn car in that parking lot is a pick-up truck!)


Stacy finally gets here and we head in! Only to almost get in a fight with a bitchy bridesmaid from a bacheorlette party. She called us out for not standing in line correctly..wtf. Who does that? The takes approximately 2 seconds to get in. Wait your turn!


Wild West plays country music for 45 minutes and then it switches and play "main stream" music for 15 minutes. Stacy loves the country and I love the main stream. So for 45 mins Stacy is "teaching" me to two-step in 4 inch heels (I was the only effing girl with heels on, I stood out a little bit :) ) I'm not the most coordinating person and it's quite funny to watch us. She has a beer in her hand and I have a citron/sprite in mine and I'm "two-stepping" backwards trying not to run into the professional country dancers which are all over the dance floor. It was more like driving in heavy traffic then it was dancing. I was concentrating more on not running into people than I was on my newly-learned dance skills. As awkward as Stacy and I probably looked we were having a blast.


Main stream music comes on and I'm a happy girl. There aren't instructions on how to dance to Lady Gaga or Black Eyed Peas and this is why I like dancing to mainstream music! The most coordinated I get is to the Cupid Shuffle and that's because it tells you what to do! Stacy and I were having a mini dance off on the dance floor! I was doing the running man or the sprinkler or the shopping cart and Stacy was doing the swimmer or the running man (she copied me) ! Basically we were have a white girl dance off! The cupid schuffle did play and I screamed in excitement! I abandoned my almost full drink to dance to this song! I made Stacy chugged her beer. After the cupid schuffle a new country style shuffle came on. It was callled the cobra tangle or something country-like. I fell in love with this song. It involves stomping on the floor which is awesome and loud and a little reminscent of The  Lord of the Dance!!



Saturday was a girl's night. Stacy's boyfriend stayed at home and, well I don't have one but I made her promise me that we wouldn't dance with any guys. Here's the deal with Wild West, the cute boys never ask you to dance, it's a fact! Every middle age creeper there asks you to dance and then proceeds to ask you inapproiate questions while you count down the seconds till you can get away. So for the most part it's best not to dance at Wild West when men ask you! Stacy and I did a good job at looking not available to dance. We stood away from the dance floor if we weren't dancing or we danced with each other. I kid you not, Stacy turns to ask a couple behind us a question, leaving me alone for just a few second and 2.2 seconds later a MIDDLE-AGED  Middle-Eastern man asked me to dance. Really? I don't understand why older men hit on girls that are wayyyy too young for them to talk to. It freaks me out. I hate creepers. Ironically these men also wait in the dark corners and come out of no where to ask you to dance. It's like a sneak-attack. They figure if they catch you off guard you'll say yes before you have time to come up with a real excuse.
I politely refused his offer because I was resting my feet. Honestly if a cute guy asked I would've said the same thing. I was regretting wearing my 4 inch heels at this point. I turned and grabbed Stacy and told her she was not allowed to leave my side again for the rest of the night.

We had a great time and it's always interesting going to Wild West. It's one of those places where you always leave with a crazy story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me!