Tuesday, April 5, 2011

To regret or not regret?





This weekend I asked one of my besties, Denise (bffs since 9th grade) if she would rather have regret or heartbreak? She then enlightened me that they tend to go hand-in-hand. Which I agree with to a certain extent. I then re-proposed my question with a little more detail and asked; would you rather have heartbreak knowing that you tried everything or regret because you didn't try. She very quickly and confidently said heartbreak, because I know that I tried everything.
I completely agree with her.
Playing the 'what if' game is disasterous.



Since high school I've always had the mantra of 'no regrets'. It started out with a class I had that was kicking my butt. And my sister offered me some advice. She said not to have any regrets when it came to preparing for this class. She said study your hardest that way when you get your grade you won't have any regrets for not trying your hardest. This advice stuck with me.

I find myself now it situations weighing my options because I don't want regret. There's a comfort in knowing that you tried everytihng. When I broke up with ex #1 I did it with no regret because I knew in my heart I had tried everything and it still wouldn't work. Sure there are times I look back on that relationship and have regret that I didn't end it sooner. But I know I did everything I could for that relationship and I feel good about that.


So my question to you (and your input is greatly received) would you rather have heartbreak or regret?

What are some of your stories about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me!