Thursday, March 31, 2011

Funkyness and lists

It's no secret to those close to me that I have been in somewhat of a funky mood lately...(we all go through it) I can't explain the funk. Nothing specific happened to make me funky. (and i don't consider hormones specific!)
I even think the great cosmos have picked up on my funkyness; this was my horoscope this morning:  "In an effort to maintain peace and keep everything on an even keel you've neglected your desires for the sake of pleasing someone else. Making compromises for others can be noble, but it may never get you exactly what you want. This is time to be more agressive in your pursuit of love."

I am the Queen of compromise! And I do tend to put others first before me thus neglecting my wants sometimes. I'm a people pleaser, most of the time.

So I decided that I want to turn around the funk and make a "bucket list" for the things I want. This is more of a 'things to do in a year' instead of before I die kind of list. (SHOCKINGY! another post with a list in it. I did say that I make lists  A LOT!)  I was inspired by Molly at Stilettos and Diapers. She has a 101 in 1001 list, which is do 101 things in 1001 days.



Ashley's 'ME' list:
*To be completed by April 1st, 2012

BLOG
1. Get 50 followers (4/50) ** take the hint people :)
2. Start my food blog


MATERIAL
1. NookColor
2. Buy 2 more pairs of TOMS(0/2)
3. Get a bookshelf for my room
4. Buy a laptop


FOOD
1. Try 10 new restaurants (and hopefully blog about them)(0/10)
2. Make my own salsa
3. Make my own pasta
4. Cook at least three times a month (0/36)
5. Learn how to make my mom's deviled eggs
6. Help cook at Thanksgiving and Christmas (0/2)
7. Put together my own recipe book
8. Take a cooking class
9. Try pistachio ice cream



PERSONAL
1. Fall in love
2. Work out 5x a week
3. Go to New Orleans for my 25th birthday
4. Go ziplining in Hawaii
5. Read 20 books (0/20)
6. Discover 10 new bands (0/10)
7. Move out of my parent's house!
8. Become debt free! (7 & 8 go hand-in-hand)
9. Reunite with Kendra in San Marcos (BFF from college)
10. Finish decorating my room
11. Give blood (I was anemic the last time I tried)
12. Take a Zumba class
13. Go somewhere I've never been
14. Get another tattoo
15. Join a rec sports league (soccer/kickball/volleyball)
16. Go to a Texas Longhorn football game
17. Get a massage
18. See SNOW!
19. Watch 10 movies on the AFI's greatest movies of all time list (0/10)
20. Buy one designer piece of clothing (0/1)


Hopefully I can do all these things this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me!