Tuesday, May 17, 2011

30 Truths--Day Two

Day Two:
Something you love about yourself.

Hmmm.
This is harder than the what I hate about myself question.

I like that I'm not confrontational.
The reason I picked this is because there used to be a time when I avoided it at all costs even if that meant I got hurt in the process.
I have refined this trait. I have a line that if crossed I will stand up for myself.
That being said it takes a lot for someone to cross that line.

I have learned throughout the years there are things worth fighting for and things that aren't.
I look back on arguements I've had with friends, family, exes, etc and the majority are over stupid, petty things that don't merit an argument.
I'm also I big believer in just being honest and talking, not arguing, over things.
This also means being the bigger person sometimes and letting things roll off your back.
I don't have thick skin.
Words hurt.
But if it's not worth the fight I'll deal with it.

I don't think I let people walk all over me at all.
I have stood up for myself when the time called for it.
I just think some things aren't worth a fight.


**This also goes hand-in-hand with being really understanding that people are human and they are bound to make mistakes and forgiving them in their worst hour speaks volumes of your character.
I know that I have made mistakes and the willingness of people to forgive me is a beautiful trait to have.
It's not always easy but if a friendship or any kind of relationship means something forgiveness is a good thing to be able to do.


(wow, that was kind of heavy)

So you wanna know the Hawaii countdown?? I know you do!
24 days peoples!
I know I'm excited!


This is the resort I am staying at :))


Song of the Day--
Good Life--OneRepublic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me!