Monday, May 16, 2011

Scenes from the weekend...

Can I do a post on scenes from the weekend if I don't have scenes to show you? I am seriously getting lazy with my camera. I take it with me everywhere but it never makes an appearance. Seriously the only pictures I took this weekend was of food and that's because my SIL reminded me to. So I guess I need to rename the post bullets from the weekend...because basically that's what I am going to do.
  • Drove to Dallas Friday after work! Made it in 4 hrs!
  • Met up with Maverick for dinner. Originally we were going to go to this pizza place that sounded really good but the wait was long so we left and got some Mexican food (which is always good!) So at the pizza place Maverick valeted his car, upon hearing the wait time I said I was really hungry so we left and the valet people weren't even done parking it yet...I felt horrible!
  • After dinner we went and watched a movie and since it was Friday the 13th we watched Seven. Great movie!
  • Saturday Maverick and my brother played golf while my SIL and I worked out. We walked by the prettiest lake ever! And the weather was perfect! No humidity!
  • SIL and I got brunch! And we didn't just eat...we destroyed brunch! We both got brunch and afterwards we still hungry so we ordered an appetizer! Oh and we drank a pitcher of white sangria!
  • SIL and I then went shopping and found some cute things and then we got a Starbucks!
  • Met back up with the boys for dinner at an AWESOME Italian restaurant! Their garlic rolls were fan-freaking-tastic!
  • Maverick and I met up with some of his friends at a dueling piano bar. My first time going to one. It was really fun!
  • Sunday I wasn't feeling that great (understatement of the century!). We were orginally going to do brunch but we missed it. I think that was my first time in Dallas without getting brunch!
  • Went to Jakes with Maverick for a burger after I was feeling better!
  • Then I had to leave :(  drive back only took 3 and half hours this time.

Overall  it was a great weekend! Shout out to Maverick, brother, and SIL for making it a great weekend! Thanks guys!
This Houston girl will admit that Dallas is growing on me! :))
I'll give credit where credit is due.
Their weather is hands down better than Houston's.
BUT the Cowboys are in Dallas...and I don't like the Cowboys. (another huge understatement)


I really needed this weekend to help take my mind off some stuff that's going on. It really helped. I think this was the first time I was able to fully relax in a month! Hopefully I will be able to relax in Hawaii too!
I'm just ready for situations to get resolved. I've been emotionally exhausted for a month and I'm tired of carring this weight around esp when I can 't really talk about it...


SONG OF THE DAY----
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room---John Mayer






No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me!