Thursday, October 4, 2012

This wasn't in the job description...

First off...
Hi!
 I'm not even going to apologize for the...ummm...sabbatical...?? I've taken.
Let's just start fresh!

I am A Cynical Romantic and I write used to write a blog.
I've had some crazy life changes since the last time I wrote so I feel it's only fitting to change it up here too.
Coming soon:
CONSISTENT posts
new look
and slightly new subject matter.


I'm a teacher now!
Lemme hear a WOOOHOOO!
Which, for you readers, means no one posts complaining about not being valued in the workplace blah blah blah.
Now I'll complain about tiny humans! JK!

I teach 4th grade ELA now and I LOVE IT!
Well...I'm learning to love it.
Let me put it this way-I love parts of it!
Other parts are much more of an adjustment!
Oh! and there's ALOT, I mean ALOT, of extra work that goes into it!
So all my fellow teachers out there, you are WonderWoman! And your gold cuffs/bracelet things help you ward off cray parents, every cold under the sun, and mental breakdowns.


See the cuffs of greatness!
Oh and the lasso comes in handy when your kids get out of control!



So referring to my title, I am finding out I have actually been hired to do more than just teach.
After six weeks these are the other jobs I have mastered!

1.Nurse
Despite having one on site, to my kids I can fix any ailment and  fix it better than the actual nurse can.  

2. Therapist
I was actually a psych minor so this is slightly ironic to me. I listen and listen and listen and listen to their problems (school and non-school related) all.day.long.
Luckily for me I can fix most of them.

3. Math and Science Teacher
Most of you who are reading this are aware of my transfer and know that I was teaching math and science. I don't teach that anymore but this is what kids think "Teacher...she must know every assignment I have and when it's due."
When I was teaching math and science they assumed I knew what to do with their ELA work too.
I have been in the middle of an writing assignment and a kid raising their hand and asks, "When's our science project due?"
ENTER EYE ROLL.

4. Encyclopedia
Did you know there's a 5th ocean now?
It happened a few years ago, there is now the Southern ocean.

I told my students that there was a typo when a question asked to list the five oceans. I said it should say four. All 22 of them corrected me. At the same time.
Face meet palm.
How the hell am I suppose to know they changed geography. Like MAJOR geography. I must have missed that new story on CNN.com.

5. A hugger
This one is cheesy and I love it! There are approximately 1,000 tiny humans at my school and the vast majority are huggers. And they don't care if you're their teacher. They hug. They hug you after you've yelled at them. They hug you when they leave your room. They hug you when they come back to your room. They hug you if they see you walk by them. I swear 50 % of my school day is spent hugging. If hugging was on the STAAR test they'd get 4s. (To my non-teachers, that's a perfect writing score.)



Six weeks in and I'm tired and happy and annoyed and grouchy and overjoyed and stressed and humbled and proud and a leader.
Six weeks in: I'm a teacher.

(let me hear the collectively "awwww"....or the collectively barf sounds...depending how cheesy you like your blog posts)


If you're reading thanks!
I'll be consistent!

All my love
XOXO
Ms. Moore







No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me!