Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fix You

I feel like my last couple of posts have been started with me saying how bad of a blogger I've been....
Well apparently I still am!

BUT

I have made a 'resolution' so to speak to write at least twice a week!
Who's excited??
I'm assuming I still have followers/readers...but I understand this is highly unlikely!

I've realized  how much stuff I have let fall to the wayside lately.
Writing-cooking-working out-finishing goals-enjoying life (I never said this wasn't going to be cheesy)

And in place of those things I've been consumed with my "problems".
Speaking as a genuinely positive person most of the time, I've been sad or upset or complacent.
It still amazes me how easy it is to get off track or let a minor speed bump cause so much trouble.
Do I  have issues? Yes!
Are they going to cause the end of the world? No!
I have been dealt shitty hands in the past and I have always managed to work through it!
Everything that is going on now is minute.
It won't effect the big picture...all it will do is distract me from it for a little bit.

We can control more than we think we can.
We are all so much stronger than we give ourselves credit for.
We have all the tools to get through things. And yes even the really hard things.

But why is it so easy to let them effect us so much?
Are we all masochists?
Are we scared?
Is it easier to throw in the towel?

I'm going to go with yes.


I've pulled myself out of a dark place before and it was the hardest thing I've ever done.
There always that chance of screwing up or falling back down and that fear alone keeps us from trying.

For me, I wasn't happy.
Plain and simple.
I tried to blame others for it.
I made excuses like no other.
But at the end of the day, I wasn't happy because I wasn't trying to be.
Once I started trying and working at it life got easier.
I could look past the problems and see the bigger picture.


So I get mad at myself when the small things take over.

Sooooooooo my goal for the new year is (warning cliche saying coming at you) Don't sweat the small stuff!
Move over problems!
I'm making room for everything else.
I plan to play soccer again.
Cook more.(I know a lot of people who are excited about that)
Write more!
Love more.
Take more pictures.
Laugh more!
Plan more!
Turn negatives into positives. Example- I am broke. I've been thinking about making that a new 'theme' to my blog...tales of a broke twenty-something. More entertainment for y'all!
Have more fun!
Be extremely thankful for everything I do have, most importantly, my support system! These people rock my world!

So everyone, take a step back and figure out the big picture.
What do you really want?
And work for that.
Don't let anything get between you and that.
Whether it's love, success, travel, or chocolate.
If it's what you want need to feel like your life has meaning then go for it!



XOXO A Cynical (and broke) Romantic


PS maybe it's time I drop the cynical

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me!