Friday, March 18, 2011

Serious Problem

I have a serious, serious problem. I can't stop it. And it always gets me in trouble.


I'm a drunk texter.


Last night I went out with new work friends and we were having a blast.
Then I started getting this feeling. I reach for my phone but I resist...this time.
The later it gets the harder it is to resist.
And these are new friends so they don't know to take my phone away like my besties do.

And then it happens...I send a text, usually to a person who I shouldn't be texting, especially if some alcohol has been consumed.

The reason why drunk texting is such an issue is because I send unfiltered texts. And its usually things I wouldn't say or text sober. So it gets me in trouble occasionally. They're not mean or rude texts. It's usually just things that I have the common sense not to say sober.

** to my knowledge none have been on Texts from last night but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

The next morning is the worst because I look through my phone and see what I sent to which people and instantly feel regret.

My inner dialogue usually goes like this:

"Really?? Really, Ashley, did you need to send that?? Oh God!" all being said while goaning

Next comes the apology texts.
I think I have a draft saved in my phone and now I just fill out a name.

Hey_______, Sorry about those texts. I was a little knoxed. I should know better by now. Haha.


So I have a serious, serious problem.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me!