Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dallas

I had a serious case of the Mondays  yesterday and completely forgot to post about my trip to Dallas..

The weekend was an overall success! I had a blast and a little too much vodka!

**I need to start by saying that I have incredibly (& very random)  bad luck sometimes
 So like I said last week it was my first time to fly by myself. I got through security and got to the gate early and all I had to do was wait. Or so I thought.

I got a text from Southwest telling me my flight was delayed...for an hour and a half. Well crap.
I called my mom and she suggested I ask to get put on an earlier flight. I have absolutely no experience with this at all. I'm expecting this airline person to start laughing at this naive girl asking to switch flights. Surprisingly she said to go to the other gate (which happened to be on the complete opposite side of the airport) and asked to be put on stand-by. That worked, I was now on stand-by. Great. I had no idea what that meant. So I called my mom again and asked what I was suppose to do. She said they will literally do all the work for me. They'll call my name and then I will be on new flight. They called my name and I was now on the flight to Dallas!

Ok I understand I made a small problem seem a teensy bit dramatic but I had never done it before! And I don't really like flying so it was a little nerve-racking for me!

Anyhoooo back to the actual trip! We (me, my brother, my SIL and their friend Nick) had planned on going to this place called Top Golf (sort of like a driving range) once we got there, there was a three hour wait.
Eff
Obviously we left and it was my genius idea to go bowling! I really want to skip over bowling because I sucked it up! We played three games and I never broke 100! Everyone else did but me :( This is how my bowling game is, I either get gutter balls or strikes. WTF. I'm really good orrr really bad! The overall time was really fun! My dumb butt forgot to take pictures except for one of me and Heidi in the parking lot after we left.


I'm loving the wind in this picture!

Saturday morning I go with Russell and Heidi to their volleyball tournament they had. While they played I got a little sun! They won one out of the three games they played. But it was really fun!  I kinda wish I could have played with them. (I'm going to join a rec league soon! )




me and my bubs in the background

After volleyball we grabbed some lunch and chilled their apt for a little while. Heidi and I went shopping for something she could wear that night when we went out. We went and grabbed sushi for dinner. (I really wished I had taken pictures of what we got...I was a little spacey with my camera this weekend) We started the night at Havana's ( a cigar bar with VERY strong mojitos!)


Heidi and Russ at Havana's!

After Havana's we met up with Nick and some of his friends. I can not remember the names of the bars we went to! Like I said it was a strong mojito! Again I didn't take any pictures till we left the last bar. The night consisted of vodka/sprites ( a lot of them) and drunk dancing and crowded bars!

Me and Heidi leaving the last bar..I'm a little wastey face here

Night ended with some of us walking bare foot back to Nick's apt to keep "partying" or in my case drinking Brita and eating half a piece of pizza!

I woke up with the worst headache I've had in a longg time! Gatorade and advil was how I started my morning haha! We all went to brunch at Breadwinners (the best Brunch everrrrr!) and ate the greasiest food! It was glorious!








It tastes even better than it looks!

After that we watched the Hang Over (can NOT wait for the HangOver 2) and the Masters! (Sorry Rory!)
Then I packed and flew my very tired butt back to Houston!

It was a great weekend and I met some really cool people ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me!