Friday, April 22, 2011

"Music is my time machine"

Comfort food. Everyone has one or two they always turn to. For me it's mac and cheese. Or ice cream. Or milk shakes....ok...yeah so I have a few.

The other day it occured to me that I have comfort music as well. Music that I always listen to to feel better! I LOVE music, it's no secret. New music is like candy for me!! Can't get enough!
BUT
I always go back to my comfort music.


The "Move Along" album from the All American Rejects take me back to freshman and sophomore year of college.
Jimmy Eat World and Straylight Run is 12th grade study hall!
"Far More" by The Honorary Title and "When the World Comes Down" The All American Rejects  is riding the bus to campus senior year of college.
Jack's Mannequin is driving from San Marcos to Sugar Land or vice versa.
"Don't Stop Believing" by Journey is all my trips to 6th street in Austin and every wedding I've been to in the last four years.
The Beatles and Michael Buble are all my trips to Dallas with my sister riding shotgun.
Tik Tok by Ke$ha (forgive me for this one) will always remind me of my Stacyface!
Celine Dion and Hilary Duff (forgive me for this one too) will always remind me of my Stork aka Kendra!

I will forever associate music that way. If I hear any of these songs no matter how overplayed they may be I will always smile and listen to them.

Eminem was pretty smart when he said  "music is my time machine" (Cinderella Man)  because it is!


Share your music with me peoples!!

2 comments:

  1. My taste in music is everywhere! Rock, rap, hip hop, pop, a tiny bit of country and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody likes my taste in music...well with the exception of any girl aged 12 and under. :) I'm a lover of the boy band and the Beibster.

    But as a grown up...Ingrid Michaelson's, "The Way I Am" is my personal happy song.

    ReplyDelete

Speak to me!