Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday means it's almost Friday!

Today is Thursday a.ka. the day before Friday how excited are we all????  Did I mention that I have a date this weekend?? You can now understand my excitement!

I just got back from a THREE hour lunch meeting! And you know what I did....I sat. And I listened. Seeing as this was my first ever lunch business meeting I did not need to stick my foot in my mouth and say something absurd so I observed. And chimed in when neccessary! However towards the end of said meeting the topic came to politics...I thanked the Lord that I had been quiet pretty much the whole meeting because if I hadn't it would have been obvious how much I dislike talking about politics with people. I think this is stupid. Even if you actually agree. People get very defensive if you happen to have an opinion different from theirs. I learned this back in high school when a kid in my Spanish 3 class tried to persuade me to "his" view. "Kid...it's not going to happen so shut up and pay attention to the conjugated verbs on the board!!"

People it's called an opinion!! Everyone is allowed to have one and I am not stupid, naive, or uneducated just because I don't agree with yours. In politics it's simple, if there's a Republican in office Americans dislike Republicans, if there's a Democrat in office Americans dislike Democrats....see where I'm going with this.??

I have my opinion on certain political subjects and rarely do I talk about them with other people. When I do it's usually with people that understand that I have an opinion and it might not be the same. We end up having what's called a discussion. Not an argument or a pissing contest.

I am glad I was reserved in my lunch meeting because I did happen to disagree with some of their opinions BUT I sure wasn't going to tell them they were wrong! Haha I have to work with these people for the next couple of months! I'm not stupid! Keep my personal opinions to myself!

This post is a little soapbox-ish! Did I mention my date?? Haha!

I think I'm going to end all my posts with a song!
So happy Thursday everyone check out:

Not in Love-Olin and the Moon

I really like this band! I can't wait to listen to more of their music!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me!