Thursday, May 5, 2011

I went on a date with Maverick...you know the guy from Top Gun?!?

Just Kidding!!!  Maverick from Top Gun is Tom Cruise and well that's reason enough not to date him!

But I did go on a date!
And my date requested some mystery! (he's not ready for the blogging world)
And he requested I refer to him as Maverick!

So begins my date with Maverick :))

I met Maverick, oh, about a month ago when I was in Dallas. Mav (is it weird that I give a nickname a nickname??) is cute (his smile is ridiculous) funny, easy to talk to, and he's tall ;)! Before I left Dallas that weekend Maverick let me know that he was going to be in Houston in the next couple of weeks and wanted to know if I wanted to hang out. Obviously I said yes!

Fast forward to last weekend! (btw we had been texting/talking pretty much the whole time in between)
Maverick was in Houston and it was date time. Holy excitement Batman!
I was nervous to say the least. Awkward situations follow me around like a lost puppy and I didn't want any part of the date to be awkward. I was also nervous because I planned most of the date since Maverick isn't from Houston. NO pressure whatsoever!

I decided on sushi and a bar (classy I know) Sushi was delcious! (BTW it is kinda difficult to eat sushi and look cute at the same time!) The restaurant was great! The 'banter' (am I too young to use this word??) was awesome! Date so far was going well! Did I mention how cute he looked??

On to activity two! The bar! The reason I picked a bar is because it had pool and it was a fun, easy going activity we could do! Needless to say we didn't play pool but the option was there the whole night! I was also nervous about the bar because one of my best guy friends was going to be there and he's a little protective. I had no idea what I was walking Maverick into! He was a good sport and I gave him plenty of notice in case he choose to do something else. It too went flawlessly (except when I knock over a bar stool..oops!) The guy friend gave Maverick a thumbs up in record time! I was RELIEVED!

The date went really really well! I already have a trip planned to Dallas in a couple of weeks! And this time I don't have to plan anything, yay!

That Sunday before he left Maverick and I had another day date! (well that's what I'm going to call it) We had lunch at Yard House! He tried my Mac and Cheese squared and the truffle fries. I think he is officially hooked on truffle oil! We hit up Starbucks and then saw Scream 4 (cray-zeeee ending peoples, overall it was ok though) Then he had to go, insert sad face!

The entire weekend was awesome! I had a great time and I can't wait to see him again! :)))

You should all be jealous of my date with Maverick! Especially because he's wayyy cooler than Tom Cruise! And cuterr!



Song of the day-----
Existentialism on Prom Night----Straylight Run

1 comment:

Speak to me!