Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Listen to me..

It's amazing sometimes how music/songs/lyrics can express how you feel better than your own words can.
This is one of the reasons I love music so much.
I can hear a song and completely relate.
Be so consumed with their words that I rather play a song for people than tell them how I feel.
There have been times that I just want to post a song and thats it. Because thats all I need to do.

When I go back to my 'comfort music' its usually because that song defines me.
It's funny because in school symbolism was lost on me most of the time. (well mostly in poetry...)
But when it comes to music I'm all over it!
Which I understand most people can argue that music and poetry can be really similar.

One lyric can keep me coming back for more.
That one lyric.
It will resonate with me.
I will literally listen to songs over and over and not tire of them.
I'm doing that as we speak with a song.

I wish I could sing because I'm pretty sure that would be the only way I communicated!
Not really.
That would be weird.
{i love musicals but it always bothers me that people around them never seemed shocked when they just burst into song like that!}
But you know what I mean!

There aren't rules with music.
It's going to go where it wants.
You can say whatever you want.
To who ever you want.
It's amazing!
End of story.







Song(s) of the day--
Sweet Silver Lining--Kate Voegle
Distance--Christina Perri
Existentialism On Prom Night--Straylight Ray
Hands Down--Dashboard Confessional


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me!