Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Food for thought Tuesday

Literally and not so literally..
Stacy and I are going to dinner tonight.
Joy :)
The best part is the restaurant.
We are going to Just Mac in Houston and the only thing on the menu is macaroni and cheese.
Heaven....I think so!

Here's the menu to you can drool over it!

I have a slight obsession with mac and cheese.
Slight.
I might have the cheesiest blue box stockpiled in my pantry for such emergencies (i.e. a bad day and comfort food is mandatory) and it's always better if they are in fun shapes like Sponge bob!
So I am crazy excited for dinner tonight!



Also this week I made gazpacho!
I love gazpacho because it's so simple to make and because you serve it cold it makes a great meal in the summertime.
Oh and did I mention its insanely good for you!
Plus!
My recipe had tomatoes, cucumbers, red bell peppers, jalapeno, red onion, garlic, cumin, Worcestershire, balsamic vinegar and basil!
Cut everything up, add it all together and then put about half of it in the blender for 15-20 secs and then put it back with the rest and viola!


It looks more or less like this when it's done!



I hope this week I will finishing uploading my Hawaii pictures.
I have been super tired this week and can't seem to find the energy to do it!
And I hope to get my nails done because they look craptastic at the moment!

I was talking to Stacy the other day and since I am not that happy with my job we were talking about jobs we wish we could have.
I think it would be super-fantastic to be a columnist.
Or pretty much any job where I could write and make lots of money doing it!
This isn't such a crazy thought either because my degree is in Mass Communications. I took tons of writing courses.
It's definitely something to think about!




Song of the day---
We Found Each Other in the Dark--City and Colour


Enjoyssss your day lovelys!



1 comment:

  1. Not to deflate your Mac n' Cheese bubble, but I read this article on my friend's blog Rookie Moms. It talks about what the US FDA allows into our foods as compared to other first-world countries. The blogger gave this example as one of the foods to stay away from:

    http://www.rookiemoms.com/awesome-mom-robyn-obrien-fighting-against-bad-food/

    ReplyDelete

Speak to me!