Monday, June 27, 2011

Of Mice and Dogs

Happy  It's Monday.
4 more days till the weekend.
Luckily it will be a long weekend!
Saaaweetttt!

Let me tell you a what Lucy did last night.

Currently at my house we a teensy tiny mouse issue.
*fyi our house is very clean and nice...these little fur balls have managed to find a way down from the attic into our lovely house to eat my dog's food.
And by teensy tiny I mean they ate a hole in Lucy's plastic heavy-duty food container.
It grosses me out beyond words.
We can't spray the house because we don't want Lucy to get sick from the poison so we use handy-dandy mouse traps.
Lovely.
So last night it's 10 o'clockish and everyone is in bed except for me.
Lucy and I are watching tv when all of a sudden I hear the unmistakable sound of a mouse trap being set off.
**we have all the traps in places Lucy or even better I can't find except for the one in the laundry room.
Somebody coughmomcough forgot to shut the laundry room door.
Guess what Lucy did.
Just guess.
If you guessed it then I hope you understand the PAIN I went through.

She went and picked the whole damn trap up, mouse and all, and ran through the house with it.
All the while I am screaming bloody murder.
The best part...
the mouse wasn't all the way dead. It was squirming all around and I seriously thought I was going to lose my dinner.

Finally (in reality I imagined it was 30 seconds but to me it seemed like 10 long minutes) my dad got up to my screaming and managed to get the trap and mouse and dispose of it.
Thank god!

I am still shuddering.
ughhh!

Poor Lucy thought she did good and couldn't understand why I was freaking out.
So when it was all over she got a treat.
You know, for protecting the house.
Ha.

Mouse trap=1  mice=0


Song{s} of the day--
The entire Augustana CD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me!