Friday, June 3, 2011

yo soy una escritora

In high school I didn't like writing.
I hated research papers and book reviews.
In college it was mandatory that I write.
A lot.
I had to write news stories and more research papers and scripts and yes, more research papers!
So based on all this I never thought of myself as a writer.

In fourth grade my creative writing assignment was published in the school paper!
I have attempted to write a mystery novel. (true story)
I have also attempted two screen plays.
I also used to write letters to people. I never sent them. But I wrote them.
I like writing...when I get to pick what to write about.

I gave a shout out to Stacy yesterday for saying how much she enjoyed my blogs.
In all honestly I was shocked that she though my writing was good.
I usually feel like I get on here and babble on and on about nothing.
My sister also said that she didn't realize that I could write like this.
Again I was shocked.
Initially this was suppose to be a quote in quote creative outlet for me.
I was a girl in my twenties frustrated with the pursuit of finding love and I needed to complain about it.
{I feel like I should say something cynical here.
Maybe?
Romantic comedies suck!
Does that count??
MOVING ON...}
I find that I enjoy writing on here everyday.
My day doesn't feel finished unless I've contributed to my blog.
So I guess really this is a passion of mine.
I am a writer.
It's not a novel.
Or a screen play.
Or even a research paper.
But it's a (somewhat) honest look into my life.

It may not reflect in the number of followers I have but I know people read this.
I have an audience tracker readers.
It tells me how many of you lovely people tune in everyday :)
But I just want to say thank you for reading.
I'm sorry if I'm cheesing it up but it feels good to know people are reading my words...no matter how lame they probably are!
Thank you!

Have a wonderfully exciting weekend!
Ready for more cheesiness??
Here it comes!
Do something you love to do this weekend!
:)

Song of the day--
Counting Stars--Augustana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me!