Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nike says "Just do it"

I need to stop dragging my feet and go to the doctor.
I need to listen to my body and it's telling me I shouldn't be this tired all the time.

Sleep 7-8 hours a night-check
Eat healthy-check
Work out-...(guilty face) I've been slacking lately, due to me being so tired.
Drink water-check

Despite all that I am ALWAYS tired. All day, everyday lately.
Many times during the day I get this overwhelming feeling of needing to fall asleep.
I've mentioned before that I suspect I have a B-12 deficiency.
Besides being tired, I seem to have other symptoms of this.
Tired
Frequent heart palpitations, rapid heart rate
Anemia
Random dizzy spells
Migraines
Insomnia
Tingling sensation in my hands and face.

I need to go to the doctor and get my blood tested.
B-12 deficiency isn't serious but I would feel better if I could fix it.
Another reason to get it over with is to rule out that it could be a serious ailment.
{yes my mind goes there}

Mainly I need to go because I need to take care of myself.
And I don't feel like myself.
I usually crave workouts and activity and going out with friends.
Now at 10:00am my thoughts are consumed with getting home and going to bed.
Seriously right now I'm thinking about the fact that in an hour and a half I could be taking a nap at home.

So this week I am going to make my doctor's appointment and see what's up.
I will of course update you when I know something.

Song of the day--
Televators--Mars Volta

3 comments:

  1. Give up caffeine, it will help with the palpitations. I was having similar symptoms at your age and my doc said a lot of it was due to my love for soda and coffee. Now I drink decaf and rarely have soda.

    As for the migraines et al, it could be that you need to eat more gluten free products. My cousin had constant migraines and last year she was told to pare down the glutens and it worked like a charm. She's no longer on migraine meds all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan--I cut back drastically on caffeine because my cardiologist told me the same thing about two years ago. It helped some. I have one cup of coffee in the morning and usually that's it. Every now and then I'll have a coke or something. I'll have to try the gluten thing. I don't get them constantly but in the last year I have had more than usual. Thanks for the advice!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel like yourself again soon! I've been staying late recently so that is why I am so tired half the time. Take care and don't work too hard!

    www.bravoerunway.com

    ReplyDelete

Speak to me!