Friday, August 26, 2011

Foodie Friday!

Brace yourselves!
Because I am famous for my shrimp enchiladas!
Family members have already started legends about them!
Ok, maybe not the last part, but they are really good!
:)

They are easy and healthy!
Maybe I shouldn't put my recipe on here...
Just kidding!

I do ask that you use it wisely!



You need 1 lb of shrimp ( I usually buy fresh and grilled them myself before hand but we didn't have enough time so I used frozen) 1 cup corn, 2 four oz cans of green chilies extra hot, 2 cups green enchilada sauce, 12 corn tortillas, 1 15 oz can of black refined beans, cheese, lime and cilantro.


Set your oven to 425. Meanwhile microwave the shrimp, corn, chile's, and 1/2 the enchilada sauce for 2  minutes. Next spread the 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce in a baking dish and then layer 6-8 corn tortillas.
Then spread the black beans on top of the corn tortillas, then you are going to top the beans with the shrimp mixture once it is out of the microwave.


Like so!
Place the rest of the tortillas are top and pour the remaining enchilada sauce on top.
Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.


After 20 minutes remove foil and top with as much cheese as you want, in my case I used two cups....the more the better really! Continuing baking for 5-10 minutes depending on how crispy you like the tortillas to be.


Top with chopped cilantro and squeeze half a lime on top and ENJOY!!
Trust me on this, don't forget the lime and cilantro! It really makes it delicious!!

To be served with a corona or if you don't drink beer like me, sangria!
Or margarita ( I don't drink tequila either!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me!